Carrot Cake recipe for class 65
50g Walnuts 180g golden caster sugar
150g Plain Flour 1tsp ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
2 large carrots peeled Topping:
and coarsely grated 200g soft cream cheese
1 tsp baking powder 100g icing sugar
100ml olive oil Finely grated zest of 1
Equipment unwaxed lemon
450g loaf tin
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (fan) 200C, Gas mark 6. Line the loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Break up the walnuts a little and mix then with all the cake ingredients together in a large bowl with a spoon.
3. Pour into the tin and bake for 50 -60 minutes till golden.
4. Leave to cool in the tin while you mix the cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon zest together for the topping.
5. When the cake is completely cold top it with the creamy icing.